Career Center and Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA) Services
Utilizing federal and state workforce grants, the West Tennessee Workforce Investment Board provides training opportunities for people who have been laid off from their job, receiving public assistance, persons with disabilities who are ready to work, mature workers, Veterans, and individuals who want to secure their high school diploma. We offer the following Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA) services…
Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act Career Specialist is available to assist in helping you sharpen your job search skills*:
- Resumé writing
- Interview skills
- Filling out applications
- Short-term training or tuition assistance for high-demand career occupations
- Financial support during training may include: daycare, tuition, books, uniforms, and certification fee assistance
Use our Career Centers as your personal job search headquarters:
- Assess your skills and develop a career plan.
- Help you prepare for and receive your Career Readiness Certification.
- Match your skills with current job openings.
- File your unemployment insurance claim.
- Improve your resumé writing and interview skills.
- Boost your skills through targeted workshops and training.
- Connections to local employers
- Access to the Internet, telephones, fax machines and career information.
*Must meet federal program guidelines for some services and intensity of training.
The following are handy websites to know if you are looking for a job: